Milling, Mashing, Fermenting, Distilling, Maturation, Proofing & Bottling… is just the start of the story.
We dive into some pretty technical topics on distillation each episode with host Devin Mills, Distillery Engineer. While we can’t promise there will be no math… we will get to the processes and science behind craft distilling. We also talk with an industry professional about their thoughts and approach to each episode’s topic. That is — the distillers, brewers, warehousemen, engineers, and architects that get it done – day in and day out. We get to the processes and science behind craft distilling.
COMING UP NEXT:
We continue our Fermentation Series with shows on Sugar, Maple Syrup, Cows’ Milk and Rice.
We will be at the Dalkita Booth at the annual American Craft Spirits Conference in Pittsburgh, PA in early March. It will be a fun challenge for you to find us! (Hint: the TTB is our rowdy neighbor!) Get more info on that conference here.
At the end of March we trek up to Portlandia (via plane) for the annual ADI Conference. Come find us on the main expo floor. You can get all the details for ADI here.
Check back with us soon!
EPISODES & SHOW NOTES:
- Ep 020 – PoTAto/Potato w/ Mark Kleckner from Woody Creek Distillers in Basalt, CO
- Ep 019 – Over A Barrel w/ John Jeffrey from Bently Heritage – Minden, NV
- Ep 018 – Slow As Molasses w/ Coty Edwards of Hidden Stills Spirits in Lebanon, PA
- WINTER BREAK
- Ep 017 – Rye, Matey! w/ Campbell Morrissey of Mother Road Brewing in Flagstaff, AZ
- Ep 016 – Apple a Day w/ Colin Keegan and Noya Gilmore from Santa Fe Spirits in NM
- Ep 015 – Yum! Candy Corn w/ Mike Reppucci from Sons of Liberty Spirits Company in South Kingstown, RI
- Ep 014 – Amber Waves w/ Chad Butters from 8 Oaks Distilling in New Tripoli, PA
- Ep 013 – My Lucky Barley w/ Dylan Mobley of Bottle Logic Brewery in Anaheim, CA
- Ep 012 – Breakin’ Chains w/ Ryan Hembree of Skip Rock Distillers in Snohomish, WA
- Ep 011 – 8675309(Gin)y w/ Rob Masters of The Family Jones Distillery in Loveland, CO
- Ep 010 – The Proof You Need w/ Adam Spiegel of Sonoma County Distilling Co. in Rohnert Park, CA
- Ep 009 – Milling it Over w/ Jody Thorpe of Dancing Pines soon to be in Breckenridge, CO
- Ep 008 – Sustaining Momentum w/ Karen Hoskin of Montanya Distillers in Crested Butte, CO
- Ep 007 – You Only Still Twice w/ Chip Tate of Tate & Co. in Waco, TX
- Ep 006 – Barrels of Fun w/ Henric Molin of Spirit of Hven, Backafallsbyn, Sweden
- Ep 005 – The Cooler w/ Jason Barrett of Black Button Distilling in Rochester, NY
- Ep 004 – Gleaming Scales w/ Lukas Smith of Cotton & Reed in Washington D.C.
- Ep 003 – The Cleaners w/ Mike Rassmussen of Painted Stave Distillery in Smyrna, DE
- Ep 002 – Yeastie Boys w/ Sean Smiley of State 38 in Golden, CO
- Ep 001 – The Still Life w/ John McKee of Headframe in Butte, MT